Friday, October 19, 2012

Rollin'

Late last week, G woke up with a little cold tucked inside his pocket. He had an intermittent moist cough, a sniffle or two, but no sign of the full-blown winter colds that trudged through his immune system last year. We've had a great many illnesses that have hitched a ride home from the daycare petri dish and they unfortunately hit the little one the worst of all. When this cold plateaued at the runny nose stage, I figured we were in the clear.
Alas, it must have been my turn to test drive the worst of the symptoms. I'm happy with that outcome as long as G and Joe avoid the aches, burning eyes, sore throat, and ringing ears I've had all week, but I have been grumpy and miserable and generally hell to live with. I've cussed at the poor cat more times than I'd like to admit and have fallen into the unfortunate habit of comparing gripes with an insistent retort of, "At least you're not SICK like ME!" I finally broke down and heeded the advice of a very tired husband and took a dose of NyQuil last night. Despite a solid and much-needed sleep, I still feel like my insides are made of rubber and my head is floating somewhere in the rafters. I almost T-boned someone in the parking lot this morning because my head space is crowded with fluff. The weekend can't come soon enough.

Photobucket

I just hope I looked as cool as I felt while toting this stylish roll of Charmin around the office today. My coworkers must be so envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment